Chiltingham

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Last Supper

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

The disciples all nodded in agreement. Sure it could be hard sometimes, but right now, with all the love in the room, it was easy. He didn't fully lose them until he got into his extended vine metaphor.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing what is going on down there?"

"James is throwing rolls at me."

"I am not!"

"Then why are there rolls all over the ground?"

"Maybe because you're stupid,"

"Will you two please stop?"

"I didn't do anything!"

"Neither did I!"

"You were throwing rolls at me!"

"I was not!"

"Ok fine. Everyone move to the same side of the table. There now nobody can throw rolls."

"It's too crowded now"

"If you have a problem, Peter, take it up with James and his brother."

"I was an entirely innocent victim in his attacks"

"Ok fine, sorry. Now where was I? Right. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch"

"BEEP"

"HE IS CAST FORTH AS A BRANCH, AND IS WITHERED; AND MEN GATHER THEM, AND CAST THEM INTO THE FIRE Thomas will you stop beeping!"

"BEEP"

"Alright, a new commandment I give unto you, thou shalt not make random noises at the the table. There, are you happy?"

"BAWOOOP"

"He's throwing rolls at me again!"

"I am not!"

Thank God this is the last one of these thought Jesus.
______________
This post is an installment in a continuing series of content coordinated by theme or motif with posts from John Allred of clol Town, Jon Fairbanks of Funkadelic Freestylings of Another Sort, Eli Z. McCormick and Miriam Allred of Modern Revelation!, John D. Moore of Whatnot Studios, Joseph Schlegel of Sour Mayonnaise, Sven Patrick Svensson of Sadness? Euphoria?, William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden, and WiL Whitlark of The Real McJesus. This week's theme: 'A Last Supper'.

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM , Blogger Miriam said...

This is such a beautiful story.

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger Thirdmango said...

I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home