Chiltingham

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ventriloquism

"Ventriloquism?"
"Ventriloquism"
I sighed. "You know your mother and I support you no matter what, but have you really thought this through?"
"Ye-es, of course."
"We can afford the start up cost, of course. It's just don't want this to turn out like your band, or your quilting society, or your becoming a world class domino rally expert."
"It won't be"
"Do you really think this is the best use of your degree?"
"It's a growth industry."
"Honey, I don't think that's true."
"Think about it, vaudeville was last big in the 30's during the Great Depression. Entertainment is always a good industry during financial troubles."
"I'm just not sure that'll extend to ventriloquism."
"Whatever, you're just scared."
"Scared? No I'm just concerned."
"You're scared of the dummies. God Dad, they don't actually come to life"
"What? No. I don't think that. Can't anyone ever discuss ventriloquism without the idiotic notion that they're scary and going to come to life and murder us coming up?"

No. Just then all the dummies came to life and murdered everyone.
______________
This post is an installment in a continuing series of content coordinated by theme or motif with posts from John Allred of clol Town, Jon Fairbanks of Funkadelic Freestylings of Another Sort, Eli Z. McCormick and Miriam Allred of Modern Revelation!, John D. Moore of Whatnot Studios, Joseph Schlegel of Sour Mayonnaise, Sven Patrick Svensson of Sadness? Euphoria?, and William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden. This week's theme: 'Ventriloquism'.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Blogger John D. Moore said...

No. No, indeed.

Can I call this punchy? I'm going to call this punchy. This is punchy!

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Ammon Allred said...

As it happens, when I was reading this on my google reader, I had to scroll down right at the end of the paragraph. I spit coffee all over my keyboard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home